From Satellite Pioneer to Communications Solutions Leader
For more than three decades, MTN has led satellite industry innovation and now delivers diverse broadband communications solutions to address today's commercial and government end-users:
- In 1981, Richard Hadsall founded Crescomm Transmission Services, Inc., a satellite common carrier for the broadcast industry.
- In 1986, Crescomm supported U.S. President Ronald Reagan's visit to the Island of Granada with a transportable truck for press pool feeds and the Pentagon.
- The Pentagon then requested a stabilized antenna platform capable of transmitting a full motion video broadcast at sea, which Crescomm delivered.
- CresComm partnered with SeaTel on a Ku-band maritime antenna for the U.S. Navy's LPH-2 USS Iwo Jima, the first tactical full-motion satellite video broadcast terminal at sea, supporting classified surveillance and the Pentagon press pool during the Persion Gulf Crisis.
- Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute contracted Crescomm for full-time video broadcasts for a scientific project using an undersea robot to discover shipwrecks from 400 B.C. for the Smithsonian Institute, National Geographic and NBC's Today Show.
In 1990, the CBS Morning show contacted Crescomm for a live, weeklong video broadcast on a Carnival Cruise Lines ship.
In 1991, Norwegian Cruise Line tested the system, developed through an official Crescomm/SeaTel partnership named Maritime Telecommunications Network (MTN).
By 1993, MTN had installed its VSAT system on 14 cruise vessels.
In 1994, MTN installed the first commercial C-band antenna on a U.S. Navy vessel.
Today, MTN is owned by SeaMobile and serves more than 700 commercial and government vessels, aircraft, vehicles and fixed installations.
In 2012, MTN launched plans for its next-generation communications ecosystem, MTN Nexus™, to bridge the gap between land-based and sea-based connectivity, and content delivery, minimizing costs, maximizing throughput and optimizing operations to revolutionize communications at sea.
3044 N. Commerce Parkway
Miramar, FL 33025